Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Guess who's back

Ok, so some of you have thought that I'd totally forgotten about my blog and that I'd never write again. Well, technically that's not true and here I am yet again. My computer has been hateful and not allowing me to connect to the internet at home. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (it really is the truth.)

So for starters, Arianna is 4 months...so that just goes to show you how long it's really been since I've written anything. It seems like only yesterday I was watching my precious angel make her entrance into this world. I love seeing her grow and love and laugh. Babies really do make the world a better place. But boy does time fly. I'm heading to see her in a few weeks and I can't wait. Hopefully I'll post pix...I mean but honestly look at my record :) Here's a preview from her 3 month shoot with www.murphys-memories.com



Secondly, my parents came to visit and it was AWESOME. We went to see "Porgy and Bess" on Broadway, and although Audra McDonald (whom I LOVE) didn't perform, her understudy did a PHENOMENAL job! But Norm Lewis stole the show! Go see it, go see it, GO SEE IT! Shouts out to BR for the pix.








Also, just recently, friends and I went to see "Streetcar Named Desire" on Broadway, and you know I love seeing chocolate people onstage (twice in a month-next up FELA!). "Streetcar" is heading to London now (yay!) so if you missed it, I'm sorry. Nicole Ari Parker deserves a Tony Award for her performance, as she was magical. Also, I'm not sure if many of you know how much of a fan I am of Tennessee Williams, but he has HUGE ties to Sewanee (my alma mater) and I've read his plays since high school, so it was quite impressive to see his words come to life in the city I now make my home.










Also in the time that I've been away, my baby sister graduated from college. She truly inspires me and keeps me focused on my dreams. Her determination and willingness to continue and complete her goals are probably one of the greatest things I admire about her (alongside her ability to be COMPLETELY done with something and mean it).

The Graduate

Yes...my entire family is Beautiful

So proud :)

Little Baby Girl Graduate

GSU

Well Lookie who made it out

This woman right here is my everything.


My lovely sisters...hard to believe she just had a baby

Beauty and Brains :)


3 Generations


The Original Squad

Miss AJ, the Neice
My best friend also graduated from Northeastern Law School. She's pretty smart and I can't wait to see where her plans take her. It was great being in Boston for that milestone as well.
Asia's Grandma is my favorite

Yep...I've got a lawyer on the team.

Tooooo proud of my friend
I've recently started doing more promo work, which has been...pretty fun. This past weekend I was in DC for the Jeep event at the Armory for the USA Men's Basketball Exhibition game...shouts out to Chris Paul and me driving a Jeep on an obstacle course. And I also got to do some touring of Chocolate City and finally saw the MLK statue which was breathtaking.

I do believe that I am taller that him.

I would really drive this all day.

The lovely Kieta...sorry my eyes look like vampires.

Our obstacle course. Who wants to ride with me?


Speechless



Dream Come True




DC Capital Jazz Fest
A few months ago, I had the privilege of attending the festival with lovely people and fell IN LOVE with Charlie Wilson as a performer. Uncle Charlie stole the show in my opinion and I'd pay money to see him perform anywhere else. India.Arie also did an amazing job and I'd love to see her perform again. Her set was entirely too short and she played the flute (twins) during one of her songs. Below are short clips from India and Marsha Ambrosius.



You've also missed the Fourth of July, of which I spent in Jersey with my loving Jerz fam...fireworks, good food, and great people. I can't complain even a little bit.
Beautiful couple, beautiful wedding

Wedding Season Swag

How could it not be a GREAT day?

Yep. My first Yankee game. But Forever. I. Love. Atlanta.


 

And....I'm new to instagram: check me out at @coerlessly

Frank Ocean has a new album out. Let's focus on the music, which is amazing. "Channel Orange" be inspired.

Spikes

Our MasterPEACE
I've written 3 full episodes since you've heard from me last, and we're shooting the teaser next month. Hopefully....this whole finding funding thing is the most difficult part. But I think it'll all be worth it soon. I'm building an amazing team around me...shouts out to my peeps in ATL, and we're bringing you something that you can totally relate to. So if you want to donate to a great cause (my television series. Let me know,  I won't let you down) Our casting will be the first of August, which will be cool to sit on the opposite side of the casting chair for once.

I'm honestly a little afraid that I've put this out there and it'll fail, or people will hate it. What if I don't get it accomplished. That would stink. But then another part of me is like, "why not try" see what happens and expect for it to be great. What's life without a little fear. Feel the fear, and do it anyway right? I think it's really good. And I'd watch it if it were on tv...so that is enough for me to keep trying. I have no idea what I'm doing (as there isn't a blueprint) but somehow, someway, someone will put this show on their network.

Also, M.A.D.E.NYC will be premiering it's first episode this Thursday at 9pm on www.blip.tv/madenyc. If you're around your computer at that time...let me know what you think. I'm sure it will be entertaining.

So with all these people going away to grad school, getting married, having babies and moving on with their lives, I've found myself feeling like I'm stuck in somewhat of a rut. Which I shouldn't feel this way (trust me I know) but I just feel like I'm moving nowhere/going around in circles and not getting anything done/wondering if I'm doing anything right/what on earth am I here for...I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that's ever felt like this but it's a lonely place to be in. Because life goes on and journeys begin and end. I think I just need to take the next step in my life (whatever that may be) and I'll feel a little better. A new adventure, a new challenge, a new mountain to climb. Perhaps I'll go back to school...but who knows what degree I'd get. I don't know, but I need to snap out of it. Anyone else ever been there?

(Side Note. I've been composing this post for a couple of days and I read this quote while typing my "woe-is-me-pity-party lament: "We are often in a hurry when God is not. You may feel frustrated with the seemingly slow progress you're making in life. Remember that God is never in a hurry, but always on time. He will use your entire lifetime to prepare you for your role in eternity." -Rick Warren )

Welp...there goes that!!

Can someone also remind me that I need to get new headshots taken? I've been relaxer free (yay!) for over 2 years now, and I'm attempting to wear my hair in its natural state. Now...if you're like me and have always had your hair pressed out since you were a little girl, this is quite the undertaking. I wake up in the morning and have no idea to do with this mess on the top of my head. There are tons of blogs and videos and youtube pages on natural hair. And I've even signed up for www.curlbox.com to get samples sent to my home each month. But I really don't know how to use them or what to do/how to comb this mess of a mane that can't be tamed. Some of my friends like it (you're too kind) some don't (which is totally understandable, I don't always either)

My first CurlBox kit

Final product



The BDAY girl: Kenya
All for now, I need a vacation and at this point I'm not opposed to flying halfway across the globe by myself to lay on the beach. If that happens tho, I'll be sure to let you know.  I'm on travelzoo like everyday peeping the sales from NYC.

xoxo,
Lenore
twitter
facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment