Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I shouldn't...but feel like Blah

So it's been awhile since I've posted anything....I know, it's like I just started, I should be writing things. But whenever I have the inspiration, I don't seem to have the time and when I have the time, I forgot the inspiration.

Anywho, few quick things...yesterday I shot my first real commercial. Well I use the term 'real' loosely but it was paid (barely) and there was a director and a crew and a cool cast. The home that we shot in was sick tho, just sick. But anyway, I realized then the importance of having 1 set leader calling all the shots. IDK what my future holds but if ever called to be the leader, the best way to be is very clear about expectations and the only one in charge. If not, it confuses and sucks for the other people. But I'm trying not to have a bad attitude about yesterday or saying negative (remember me trying to stay positive) so I choose not to say anything. Hopefully I can post something from it soon. I know everyone wants to talk about the shoot and how it went and wanna know the details of the day but it just puts me back in my angry upset place. So I've made the choice not talk about it anymore.

Silver lining of the day: made some new actor friends. They were awesome. Fun to hang with.

OHHH also my film is screening on Monday! That's a happy thought.

"Pour Aimer, Encore" will screen 8/30/10 peep the trailer here ->http://vimeo.com/11516645 & RSVP here -> http://bit.ly/cl4IWU

And here's the link to big brother Joe Land's write-up about the film:

http://kitchensofa.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/screening-styles-short/


I just copied that from the writer/director's page...cool dude. This experience has been incredible. Can't believe it's actually happening. Kinda nervous. It's a very surreal moment. Watching yourself as a character in a production. First time I saw it I think I was holding onto Emil's arm and holding my breath the whole time. Funny but true. So we'll see how Monday goes. I might pass out for lack of oxygen. There will be a lot of people there. People I know. People I invited. Crazy!

Oh and also, no...have not secured employment (full-time) still acting for food. But I really enjoy watching Trey Songz reality show on bet.com...I never really was a Trey fan until I watched it, but the way his career is going right now is the way I want mine to go. I simply admire his drive, energy and ambition. Night before last was the first night I went without sleep and still had to get up and perform the next day...it was hard as crap but I learned something about myself.
1. Coffee is magic.
2. When it's been too long without sleep I become sooo irritable and don't wanna talk to anyone.
3. That when it's something I wanna do I will sacrifice everything for it (sleep included) to get what I want done...like Diddy...my energy and creativity will fuel me. (Not forever tho...girl's gotta rest a bit)
4. That I actually kinda liked it. Made me feel like I was really doing something, sowing good seeds into my career. Made me feel good and tired all at the same time. I'd do it again (hopefully for a huge role that pays me bagillions of dollars! But I'd do it for something smaller tho.

Oh and ALSO....I'm learning new things out about myself. I think I'm becoming a writer. I'm not saying I'm that good at it yet, but I proved to myself that I could actually do it and if I keep at it, I'm sure I'll get better. But I'll tell u about that project later when it starts really coming together. I'm gonna try and find that Will Smith video that's really inspirational so u guys can see it. I think I need to listen to it again anyway...feeling a little low today but idk why.

Until next time,
Lenore

No comments:

Post a Comment