Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tumbleweeds!

As I sit on ATM's couch with much needed ice on my knees I am reveling in the past 72 hours.

Since I recently become unemployed I must say (and since I've decided to have a positive attitude about it) life has been a spiral of great and simply hilarious events...sometimes compounded on one another.

Case in point. last night. Phenomenal! We had the screening for the film, Pour Aimer Encore (To Love, Again) at Katwalk in the city and considering I haven't attended many screenings in my day, I thought it was perfect. Emil keeps apologizing for the technical difficulties but he proved the old saying that 'the show must go on" and it did. And I had a lot of friends there to support me and my career and the film. Eternally grateful. The film was great and everyone loved (at least that's what they said) I think it's a great project and I'm proud of it. Next screening will be in Atlanta Oct. 9th...anyone gonna go? I secretly really really wanna be there but alas I live in New York, we'll see how that goes.

What else happened? Oh so...I booked a new play...had the audition on Saturday and it was so much fun. Last time I had this much fun at an audition was....u guessed it...Pour Aimer Encore! They had to give it to me! The character fits me to a t. Didn't hurt that I was dressed for the role thanks to a fantastic stylist :)

Que mas? Um so I finally decided to branch out and find laundry in Brooklyn (I couldn't let go and trust someone else to do my eyebrows-it just took too long to find someone in the city and now that I have them I refuse to let them go-sorry just one of my things) anywho so apparently I feel the need to run around like a crazy person in New York City, even tho I'm what? Unemployed. Crazy I know, still haven't found how to put my superwoman cape away. So I decided to do laundry and that proved to be a HUGE feat.

BUT...safe to say that Brooklyn lets me do my laundry cheaper than Wash Heights. And I was excited to pay less AND have clean clothes. But that's not the point of this story. A week ago, JACM berates me about not having ice trays. ICE TRAYS! I say to him calmly, I am learning the things that I need vs things that I want: Need: A Broom, Need: Box Spring, Need: Mop, Need: Toilet Bowl Cleaner; Want: Ice Trays, Want: New Bedding, Want: Shelves, Want: Bathroom Container for toiletries-see the difference.

Whatever so he was like you need em u need em what happens if you bust ur knee open and need to ice them? I said, I'm not gonna bust my knees open thank you very much, I'll be fine.

Sufficed to say I did NOT bust my knees open but UGH! So I'm walking with my shopping cart full of newly washed clothes from the newly found laundromat in Brooklyn and the front wheel breaks and in case you know anything about forward motion...I keep pushing and me and the cart flip over. So I'm sprawled all over the street (ALONG with my newly washed clothes from the newly found laundromat) and here I am with bruised and sore knees. UGH! Thanks a lot JACM...next time keep ur comments to yourself.

Aside from the knees and the icing. Life is great! Money comes to me and bills get paid...idk how but things just work out for me (u know what that means-God favors me and he pays my bills cuz he loves me the most) I enjoy the library, I use the internet there, I haven't broken down and gotten it in the phonebooth, I mentioned that yes? I think I'll turn into a very unproductive person if I do that...but perhaps it'll make me more productive...haven't figured that out yet.

Anyway, I feel like I submit more, get called in more, and book more now that I'm finally a full-time actress and that is a feeling unlike any other. This is my purpose I just know it! TV show...end of the year...believe with me ok?

But I'm feeling really thankful, really optimistic and very excited about the coming week (I get to see the fam-it's been too long)

Sooo...until our next encounter, I'm off to Sunday dinner (yes on a Tuesday)

Hugs

1 comment:

  1. definitely laughed out loud on the shopping cart story...I could totally picture you doing that. Love ya and congrats on the new play, you'll have to tell me what it's about.
    (Lorin -still haven't figured out how to post a a real person)

    ReplyDelete