Sunday, February 13, 2011

This Little Dream of Mine

Ok guys and dolls...straight from my heart, thru my fingers, to your eyes, and then ur mind, and hopefully your soul.

My life over the past few weeks (I think it's only been two since I posted last-right?) I'm trying to do better and be more consistent...alas...I say that all the time and I'm spacey-I get it.

Anywho. So, I've been busy. Some would say running around like a chicken with my head cut off (usually I'm the one saying that about myself) but I feel good. Let me tell you why. Cuz I'm truly living my dream.

No, not in the lavish, always booking, networking, multi-million dollar deal making life that I aspire to have BUT-this past week/week and a half...I truly experienced what it's like to be a working actor. And it's not glamorous, and it's hard and it's long hours and it's frustrating at times, and I love it. I don't want to do anything else (and believe me-sistergirl has had her share of jobs in my lifetime-so I know what I'm saying).

I ran to auditions (in the snow and ice and rain) left an audition to go to another audition to come back to it later. Had like 2 callbacks (which is a very good thing) went out of town...which let me tell you...this is when it hit me that I was living my dream.

By now you know that I'm a huge dreamer and believer that I (you) can have the life I've (you've) always dreamed of. And I stick to that wholeheartedly. BUT I had some perspective when I was about to complain when my flight was delayed this week. I'm lugging around this big ole suitcase in the dreary weather (no need to sugar-coat honey-it's dreadful) and started thinking to myself how tired I was and how airports are now like the worst place in the world and all this negative stuff (eh-it happens, sometimes I'm a Debbie Downer too) when a thought occurred to me. Wasn't spooky, wasn't psycho in anyway..just a thought. Is this what you want? Can you spend your life doing this?

And I looked down at my shoulders about to fall off and my soggy boots and emphatically thought to myself OF COURSE!!! I spent the time going down there working on my script for a new play I'm in...submitted while I was away...lined up auditions for when I got back...did some brain-storming for a project that I want to start working on soon..saw the best of friends and some of the most genuine people God ever put on this planet, pretty much jet-set across the country for a quick getaway and I still get to do what I love.

That's it. That's my life. That's the one I keep talking about. It wasn't on the scale that I want it yet (trips to villas off the coast of Spain and having an assistant or SOMEBODY ELSE carry my heavy bags for me) but the life I aim to have is the life I have now. And I almost missed that moment with my complaining. God gave me a glimpse of his true power and the love he has for me. I think sometimes we focus on what we DON'T have (a big burly man to do all the heavy lifting) or what we ASPIRE to have (that one's for me) so much that we miss out on the true blessings in life that we DO have. Ouch...I'm so guilty of that one. Yes I believe and yes it will happen (soon I might add) but I must take the time to be thankful for what I have now...and what I'm doing now.

I shot a student film last night. Had some pretty rock-star auditions this week...even if I don't book them (which I REALLY want to) I know I did a great job and the casting people will have to see that. Got private coaching from an acting teacher. Bought groceries (if you haven't had food in ur house in awhile then u KNOW the blessing that this is) and continue to be able to live the life I've always dreamed of...the one I have now.

So...forgive me for almost (I didn't really) wanting to complain. Because I am doing what it is that I came to NYC to do. And I feel good about that plan. I'm DEFINITELY not where I want to be yet and still have A LOT to accomplish...but I'm taking a moment...smelling my pink roses (and daisies) and patting myself on the back.

Good job Lenore...dreams do come true. (and u live urs everyday)

That's all BUT check out my best friend's blog on her travels in India http://asia-in-india.blogspot.com/...#dreamchaser PLUS a #worldchanger

I'm super proud of her but in my selfish way I want her back...Asia, I know you're having a great time in India... but it's time to come back to AMERICA!

1 comment:

  1. i am so glad you are doing what you dream of. too many times people put obstacles in their own paths and then can't figure out why things aren't going the way they want. can't wait to see your star on the hollywood walk of fame. it's coming!

    ReplyDelete