Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Future Home

I AM OFFICIALLY MOVING TO BROOKLYN!!!

Which actually works out well for me. It's a place all by myself (altho we all know I'm really only home to sleep and change clothes) and it's in a house..with a little backyard that we can bbq in and grow stuff if you want (I don't...can't do garden work) and I affectionately refer to it as "The Phone Booth" cuz it's tinsy tiny and I don't wanna call it a bat cave anymore cuz that seems negative...but the phone booth works cuz it reminds me of the goal I'm chasing and when and how to use my superwoman powers for good (again...I only change clothes there...get it)

But the landlords are super sweet and he looked over all my craziness and took a leap of faith with me...I"m eternally grateful! That all being said, thank you for the lists of apts you sent me, the prayers that you prayed, and the ears that you lent when I was freaking out and calling myself homeless :)

He didn't bring me this far to leave me...just sayin...if He'll do it for me...you know the rest. I don't plan to live there forever but it works for now and gives me a chance to experience Brooklyn in a way I kinda secretly always wanted to.

That being said I am starting COMPLETELY over...it's not as gut-wrenching as my move from C'ton...cuz I cried for hours...but it's leaving my safety-net...all the friends I know (well for the most part) live in the city...I know 2 people in BK...like two. So it's like being the new kid on the block...literally...and I'm not gonna be in denial...BK is a hike for the fam jam that stays in Harlem....But mama says this is an adventure and it certainly is.

I've noticed that the things that make me nervous/scared have turned out to be some of my greatest experiences. I'm supposed to learn something/get something outta this experience..haven't quite figured it out yet. Anywho, God is Good and Life is certainly Good...that was the message from church on Sunday....

So Sunday...I will officially be a Brooklynite...my address will actually say Brooklyn in it. Weird. But it should be a good look for me. I just hope my friends will visit :)

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment