Thursday, June 17, 2010

Back to Basics...Living Truthfully Under Imaginary Circumstances

So last night I had my first day of school. Like for real, very first day all over again. No I'm not leaning to be a brain surgeon, but this is my career, acting is what I want to do with my life...so I'm taking the time, making the investment to go back to school. I'm not going full-time which I kinda wish I was able to do (be a real college kid again) but I'm a grown -up and have responsibilities (and face it I have bills and I like to shop) so part-time is the way to go. It's going to be a long, hard, expensive journey...not as expensive as Sewanee...but it will all pay off. For right now, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights are out for me...don't call, I won't answer. Don't drop by..I won't be home. And on the evenings where I'm not in class, I have to be doing my homework...aka rehearsing with my scene partner. They call it an intensive and that is what it is, intensively taking away all my time. So respect it and understand it.

Key notes from class:

~Good actors really do and don't pretend, bad actors indicate (pretend to have a feeling)
~Hard to do something to the audience that you don't really feel
~Class is a laboratory...ur not here to get it right, ur here to learn
~It takes time to produce something-right ingredients, right care, and time
~Seed, soil, water, space, sun, and time-same ingredients needed to grow a head of cabbage and a mighty oak tree.

Last night was fun. It was informative and I met some of my classmates. But literally it was like the first day of school. No one knew each other, you were concerned about what to wear if anyone would like you (well maybe that's just me...idk) and our main goal of the evening was listening and responding. But really focusing on not pretending but really doing. Really listening, really responding. Which I don't' think many people do anymore.

I've always been a good listener, people usually like to talk to me because I do just that. But here's the problem...when I listen I don't talk. So people always question am I there, am I really listening. YES! I want to scream (but I don't', that would be rude) You listen with your ears not your mouth. I don't' have to talk until you're done...I will express myself, believe me I will...but u go ahead and say whatever it is that you need to say...I am listening. When did listening become who can talk the loudest or which person has to be right? No thanks...I'd rather go listen to someone else then who appreciates my listening skills.

Anywho...as you know I've read The Secret...but I've recently started reading Happiness Is...by Pastor AR Bernard and each week ur supposed to read a chapter and reflect on it. Best way to keep me doing that is for you to keep me in line. So this week was the intro and the first chapter. Key notes: Well better yet...here's the link where you can buy it and/or read an excerpt from the chapters.
Happiness is....
Accepting God's Abundance

I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

-- John 10:10 NKJV
God offers us abundance, but He doesn't force it upon us. He promises that we "might have life" and that we "might have it more abundantly." And how, precisely can we claim that abundance? By obeying God and following His Son, that's how!
When we commit our hearts, our days, and our work to the One who created us, we experience spiritual abundance. But when we focus our thoughts and energies, not upon God's will for our lives, but instead upon our own unending assortments of earthly needs and desires, we inevitably forfeit the spiritual abundance that might otherwise be ours. Today and every day, seek God's will for your life and follow it.
Today, turn your worries and your concerns over to your Heavenly Father. Today, seek God's wisdom, follow His commandments, trust His judgment, and honor His Son. And while you're at it, get rid of that critical voice inside your head -- the little voice that tells you you're never quite good enough. When you do these things, you'll receive God's abundance...and you'll be happy.Great Ideas About Abundance

God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life -- abundant and eternal.
-- Billy Graham

We honor God by asking for great things when they are a part of His promise. We dishonor Him and cheat ourselves when we ask for molehills where He has promised mountains.
-- Vance Havner

Greatness occurs when your children love you, when your critics respect you, and when you have peace of mind.
-- Quincy Jones

God is the giver and we are the receivers; and it is not to those who do great things, but to those who "receive abundance of grace, and of the gift of righteousness," that richest promises are made.
-- Hannah Whitall Smith

You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.
-- Oprah Winfrey

More from God's Word

And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.
-- 2 Corinthians 9:8 NLT

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
-- Matthew 7:7-8 NIVA
Simple Step
Abundance and obedience go hand in hand. Obey God first and expect to receive His abundance second, not vice versa.
I figured some of y'all wouldn't follow the link so I just copied and pasted it from Amazon HA!
Lastly, I leave you with this (for right now)
Your life story is being written one day at a time...with God's help, that story can-and will-be a masterpiece.
You think that's dope huh? Ha! I didn't write it! It's from the book!! Go get it!!
Happy Thursday :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just this morning, I read a book that was suggested to me either by iBooks or kindle through my iPad called, "Quotes to Live By," but you just put that weak excuse for a book to shame! Seriously!! I've already got "Happiness is" on my kindle ready to go! Thanks for the suggestion!!

    Hope you're not sick of me yet! HA! I know you are....I'm just trying to catch up with everything then I won't be so annoying hehehe! I'm about to pass out though! Mwah! Thanks for the awesome posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, posted twice!...one made more sense than the other....sorry i'm tireed!

    ReplyDelete