Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My life's work...

I found this song by accident. My little sister is very controlling over her car radio and sometimes she forces you to listen to things that you may not want to listen to out of spite. Needless to say, on this occasion I was happy that she chose to do just that. Many times we forget or choose not to remember why we do the things we do and why we live the life we live.

I try and listen to this song to start my day. It's very simple. Very catchy and extremely important to remember.

Make me Invisible. It's not about me. You've given me this stage to introduce you.

The lyrics are below.

...A total eclipse has just begun.

We blocked out the Son.

Can't be live this is what we've come to.

So you think that you're a star?

But the real star has some scars.

On His hands and feet where the nails went through.

God is headlining this show.

To introduce Him's what I'm here for.

So without further delay...

It's time to take to the stage!! And I'll move out the way.

So that they only see, You that's inside of me!!

Don't let me block the view. That's not what I wanna do.

I gotta be seen through. Make sure they're seenin' You.

Make me invisible.

The crowd applauds, and now you're on.

They start to play your song.

But did He even come along? Or did He get left behind?

The day that you decided, that you would outshine His light?

But He's headlining this show.

To introduce Him's what I'm here for.

So without further delay... It's time to take to the stage.

And I'll move out the way.

So that they only see, YOU that's inside of ME.

Don't let me block the view.

That's not what I wanna do.

I've wanna be seen through.

Make sure they're seeing YOU.

Make me invisible... Make me invisible.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment