Thursday, June 24, 2010

Opening Night Jitters

So...last night was the first night of our show Sorry Wrong Number...and overall it went well. The crowd was a little bare but it was still cool. It's always a neat experience to entertain people. I won't say that there weren't any hiccups or mess-ups last night (because there were) but live and learn and get better. Can't keep dwelling on it or you'll keep messing up. I kinda wish my fam and friends were there cuz it's hard not having supporters for something that you do...and there was like a meet and greet portion right after the show which was kinda awkward but kinda cool too. But my friends will here on Sunday so it'll be cool. You guys should come too...I'd love to see ya!

Only bad part about it is that I had to miss class yesterday (you know how I feel about commitments and me taking my work seriously) and feel like I really missed a lot yesterday. There's nothing I can do about it now but move on...but I still think about it. NO MORE MISSING CLASS!! I feel like a slacker and I'm in catch-up mode. Whatever.


Oh and ALSO..UGH...NYC has another strike against it. First strike is the winter...sorry but really cold weather sucks unless you're on vacation. And the second strike is NOT HAVING A WASHER/DRYER IN YOUR APARTMENT!! That by far is something that I simply cannot get used to. Call my stuck-up, spoiled, whatever! But carrying clothes to the laundromat is annoying, purely and simply.



Things I learned last Tuesday from washing clothes:



1. Always check the weather report BEFORE you start your loads. It was NOT fun bringing clean clothes back to my apt with an umbrella around them and me.


2. It costs about $20 to do all my clothes (I wait awhile to do it so I have huge piles) I didn't know this before.


3. I can just take out what I need in little Ziploc baggies in stead of carrying the WHOLE BOX OF LAUNDRY DETERGENT BACK AND FORTH! That made my life a little bit easier.


4. NO. I do NOT want your help dirty nasty man with my laundry. Clean or dirty I don't' want you to touch it. Please don't try and hit on a person when they're sweating hauling laundry back and forth...that can get you cussed out. I'm just sayin. And also, I just don't like people to touch my dirty clothes or move them from the wash to the dryer...it seems so personal to me.


5. I just don't like it. I just don't. I want a place with the machines in it. (gonna add that to the vision board)



That's about it for now.

Oh! Craziest thing happened to me today (disclaimer...my older sis sent me a book excerpt from a new book she's gonna send me called When God Winks at You which I loved and it talks about coincidences-which I don't believe in-and how those are really winks from God that he's showing you he's thinking of you and it's gonna be ok) and so I've been more open to recognizing and appreciating my God winks. And I got another one today! I was standing in the middle of Manhattan -34th and 8th-and a lady walked by and said "You were great last night" I immediately said thank you and smiled. I believe that that was God's way of telling me that I'm on the right track..I'm doing what he wants me to do, and I'm where I'm supposed to be. Maybe I was supposed to miss class last night and it's gonna be ok. In the busy city in the world (ok maybe not) a random person walks by (there were only like 5 people in the theater last night for real) and she sees me? Coincidence? I think not. I was grateful. And the funny part about it is that I received a godwink right after Joy passed and didn't even know it. But I recognize it now...and again, I'm grateful.

I guess that wasn't all for then...but really...that's all for now.

Happy Thursday



1 comment:

  1. ...but what about that movie.....ummm...40 days! they meet in the laundry mat! i mean, lenore....you never know! keep options open, even if they are dirty! hahaha another one to watch -- angel eyes...he was homeless when j.lo finds him! again, you never know! you're my +++ inspiration and love it! anyways, that 40 days movie was sexy esp with the flower petal, that's all a remember -- that and the laundry mat so maybe, just maybe.....

    ReplyDelete