Friday, June 18, 2010

Leaving class

Tonight was the second class of the intensive. And I leave the studio
excited, nervous, and a little confused.

Excited-I think I realy did a good job. And I think that's a good
thing for me to be able to admit. I can admit when I suck. I'm
learning to admit when I do something good. And tonight I did. My
partner and I went last. An what's funny is that during rehearsal I
thought he was overacting and not telling the truth and that our group
wasn't gonna b that great. But after my teacher told him the same
thing, he was incredible! I was so proud to be his partner. Like for
real. It was a treat for me to experience and I was there with him! It
was like he and I were the only two (aside from our teacher screaming
at us) in the room. I want that feeling again. And soon.

Nervous-was tonight a fluke? Or do I kinda have some skill? Will I be
able to do as good of a job next time we go up? I think a lot had to
do with the kind of day I had. It was awesome and it started this
morning, on a stage, rehearsing. I may have found something here.

Confused-(pause) I think this guy just had a complete conversation w
me on the train. But it was all n his head and mumbles. Weird. And
then when he got off he tapped the window where I was sitting. Weird-
er. (end pause) confused because I think I just got in trouble by my
teacher cuz I have to miss class on Wednesday. He was like that's a
problem cuz u accepted the show after I had committed to class. I
kinda feel like he's calling me out for not being committed which I so
am! Like 1000% to this program, the rehearsal program, and my partner.
And in the rule books that is one of the only way u can miss class is
by doing professional work. I'm kinda hurt, cuz I hate getting n
trouble, insulted, cuz I love learning and always strive to be a good
student, and mad that he doesn't understand that I am working and
doing the best I can. Like get off my back already.

Disclaimer tho he's such a good teacher. It's like sickening to watch.

Alas. It's bday weekend time. Gotta put on yet another cape (cuz I'm
superwoman and like to change up my capes)

All for now

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment